P-Shot® Data Information
The P-Shot® uses Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) activated as a Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM), that harnesses the power of the patients own platelet growth factors to regenerate new connective, vascular and neural tissue. It is a minimally invasive autologous medical treatment used across multiple medical specialties - including cosmetic rejuvenation.
There have been no serious long term effects found with PRP when administered appropriately with an FDA approved kit. A recent retrospective study in the Investigative Clinical Urology, Ethan 2018, concluded that PRFM injections for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and Peyronie’s Disease (PD) are feasible and safe (1)
The P-Shot® is a trademarked procedure created by Dr Charles Runels. All global providers are registered members of the Cellular Medicine Association which includes urologists, surgeons, cosmetic physicians and general practitioners (2).
Patient Satisfaction Rates
A retrospective study of 1220 patients by Kumar CS; “Combined Treatment of Injecting Platelet Rich Plasma With Vacuum Pump For Penile Enlargement”; J Sex Med 2016, 11, 174, concluded that penile length and girth enhancement using PRP and Vacuum Device for patients suffering from small penis, severe ED, significant shortening with or without Peyronies disease is a safe cheap effective procedure that can be performed in an outpatient department. With erection satisfaction rates of 70% reported (3). Important variables such as patient medical history, presence chronic illness, medications-anti platelet therapy, lifestyle-smoking, type of PRP kits, harvesting technique, quality of PRP, doctor skill and patient expectations are contributing factors towards patient satisfaction and dissatisfaction rates (2a).
In New Zealand there are more than 1 in 3 men who suffer from erectile dysfunction in their lifetime (4,5) the majority of whom present with mild-to-moderate erectile symptoms, which worsen with age (4). We recommend that any complicated cases that have not previously been investigated be referred to the appropriate clinicians such as an urologist before proceeding with any treatment.
1) Ethan L Matz, Amy M Pearlman, Ryan P Terlecki; Investig Clin Urol 2018 Jan; 59 (1): 61-65
2) Website www.priapusshot.com/members/directory
and 2a) Website www.priapusshot.com
3) Kumar CS; “Combined Treatment of Injecting Platelet Rich Plasma With Vacuum Pump For Penile Enlargement”; J Sex Med 2016, 11, 174
4) Quilter M, Hodges L, von Hurst, P, et al; “Male Sexual Function In New Zealand: A Population-Based Cross-Sectional Survey Of The Prevalence Of Erectile Dysfunction In Men Aged 40-70 Years”; J Sex Med 2017; 14:928-936
5) Berrada S, Kadri N, Mechackra-Tahiri S, Nejjari C; “Prevalence Of Erectile Dysfunction And Its Correlates; A Population-Based Study In Morocco”; Int J of Impotence Res 2003; 15:S3-S7
6) Virag R; “A New Treatment Of Lapeyronie’s Disease By Local Injections Of Plasma Rich Platelets (PRP) and Hyaluronic Acid . Preliminary Results.” E-Memoires de l’Academie Nationale de Chirurgie 2014; 13(3):96-100
7) Virag R; “Evaluation Of The Benefit Of Using A Combination Of Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma and Hyaluronic Acid For The Treatment Of Peyronie’s Disease”; Sex Health Issues 2017 1(1):1-8
8) Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is an accredited procedure within the New Zealand Society of Cosmetic Medicines Training Program.’ 18th January 2018 Dr Joanna Romanowska NZSCM Censor. www.nzscm.co.nz