This is the privacy notice of Essential Men's Clinic.
In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to the Essential Men's Clinic.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you.
It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality.
We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with New Zealand law.
The information in the website is for New Zealand citizens only. Essential Mens Clinic does not offer services to citizens of other countries.
If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy,
do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business and personal information
This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products;
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
2. Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our web site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
3. Your domain name and e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
4. Information you post on our website or facebook page
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
5. Website usage information
6. Financial information relating to your credit cards
Currently this information is not taken through our website.
7. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service.
8. Financial information relating to your credit cards
Only with your consent do we keep your financial information to provide you with a better shopping experience next time you visit us and to prevent fraud.
We take the following measures to protect your financial information:
- We do not keep all your data, so as to prevent the possibility of our duplicating a transaction without a new instruction from you.
- Access to your information is restricted to authorised staff only.
- We automatically delete your information (when the card expires).
- If we ask you questions about your financial information, we shall show partial detail (the first four OR the last four digits of the debit or credit card number), only enough to identify the card(s) to which we refer.
9. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
10.Third party advertising
Third parties may advertise on our web site.
Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
We moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate.
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others.
No such information is identifiable to you.
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is for you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a webcast. An example is as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for months, when it will be deleted automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
12. Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. At Essential Men's Clinic we consider it good practice to resolve any complaint to an end point where a complainant is satisfied with the outcome. If resolution cannot be achieved then the complainant may be taken to a higher authority for independent review, mediation and resolution, this is the HDC or Health and Disability Commissioner.
Making a Complaint From HDC Website.
Making a complaint can be a difficult thing to do, especially if you're not sure of the best way to get your point across.
We can help you to work out the best solution.
Generally, it's helpful to first raise your concerns with the provider, so you can try to resolve the complaint between yourselves. But sometimes this isn't possible, or you might not feel able to deal with it yourself.
Health and Disability advocates are available to support you, the consumer, when you have a complaint. And they're free to use. You can find out more about advocates here.
If you believe you have suffered an injury as a result of treatment provided, you may also wish to contact ACC on 0800 101 996. ACC is the body responsible for providing no-fault compensation for personal injury.
Contacting an advocate
You can contact an advocate on 0800 555 050, by email at email@example.com, or find an advocate in your area by clicking here. If you want to complain directly to HDC, you can do it in one of the following ways: see hdc.org.nz
14. Marketing information
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on your website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
16. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
17. Compliance with the law
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we should like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
18. Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at email@example.com . To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
19. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
20.Data may be “processed” outside New Zealand
Our web sites are hosted in the USA. We also use outsourced services in countries outside New Zealand from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within the New Zealand may be “processed” outside New Zealand and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.